The card that offer you a simple rewards structure and an interest free period.
This is a relatively new card at the market among the cards that offer 1,5% cash back.
The Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card has been introduced recently. It comes with a flat-rate cash back and a rather long interest free period. This is the only card of the emitting bank that offers cash back at the rate higher than 1%.
Wells Fargo’s aim was to introduce a card that would be as straightforward as possible. The main idea was for the bank to be able to implement new features anytime there occurs such a need. This way the bank ensures that their card is always beneficial to its cardholders. We’ll the card is really like that. All the efforts of the bank are paying off now.
The card issued by Wells Fargo is one more card available at the market that offers a flat-rate cash back of 1,5%. Some years ago, one of the most well-known issuers started coming up with cards promising the same rate of rewards. The list of the cards with such a rate includes Chase, Capital One and Barclaycard credit cards.
Of course, in comparison with some of the major issuers, the card’s cash back rate seems to be rather low. However, the thing that makes it very advantageous is a special offer in terms of APR. It is the following: you’re not expected to pay any interest for the purchases made and balance transfer operations carried out within the first 12 months of using the card. The standard APR amounts to 13.99 – 25.99%. Keep in mind that it can very. For some of the potential cardholders, the credit card maybe an appealing option to consider.
General description of the card, its advantages and disadvantages
- A very high cash back rate.
- A very appealing sign-up bonus.
- A long interest free period.
- In case you decide to pay the bill for your cell phone with the card, you’ll be offered cell phone protection.
- A minimal sum to be redeemed.
- Your credit score should be either good or excellent if you want to be approved for the card.
- No annual fee to pay.
- Standard APR amounts to 13.99 – 25.9%. Pay attention to the fact that the APR may vary. It depends on your creditworthiness.
- Special Offer: In case you manage to spend $1,000 within the first 3 months of using the card, you’ll be rewarded $200.
- Special offer in terms of APR: You’re not expected to pay any interest for balance transfer operations and purchases during the period of the first 12 months.
More information concerning the card:
- You can get a very appealing bonus in case you meet the requirement mentioned.
- You earn 1,5% cash back for any kind of purchase you make with the card.
- You’re not expected to pay any fee for using the card. In other words, there is no annual fee.
- With this card you can pay no interest for balance transfer operations and purchases. The offer is valid during the first year of you using the card.
- The card allows you to get a cash back of 1,8% for the qualified mobile wallet purchases. The list of such like purchases includes Apple Pay® or Android Pay™. This is valid during the first 12 months of you using the card.
- The rewards you earn won’t expire for as long as your account is active. There are no limits or any other restrictions in terms of categories.
- If you choose to pay your monthly cellular telephone bill with this card, you’ll be offered cell phone protection. It means that if you lose your cell or it gets stolen, you can get a refund of up to $600. Keep in mind that $25 out of the sum mentioned can be deduced.
- If you want to know more about the Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card, click on the “APPLY NOW” button.
The reasons for you to consider applying for the card
The card is very beneficial for those who prefer earning rewards for the purchases made everyday. It’s rewards rate is quite high – 1,5%. However, it’s not all that makes the card so outstanding. Below you’ll find the benefits of the card that make it so special.
- A very long interest free period. The card is ideal for those planning to make big purchases and then paying them off gradually without the need to pay any interest. Actually, it’s also great for those who often carry out balance transfer operations and wish to pay no extra money for them.
- In comparison with other cards that offer the same flat-rate cash back, this card has a bigger sign-up bonus to get. You can get $200 bonus reward. The thing is that you don’t need to try hard to do it. You only need to spend $1,000 within the period of 3 months after you open an account.
- Wells Fargo wants its customers to be able to easily manage all their accounts. In case you have a number of accounts with Wells Fargo, it’ll be simple and easy for you to manage them. Unfortunately, the card’s competitors don’t offer such a high level of convenience. The main idea Wells Fargo wanted to make come true is that a cardholder should be able to see information about all his/her cards on one website and in one account. This is truly an amazing feature that matters and that not many issuers pay attention to.
- The card offers you cell phone protection. The only requirement to meet in order to be offered the feature is to pay your monthly cell phone bill with the card. In case you lose your cell or it gets stolen, you’ll get up to $600 reimburse. Don’t forget that $25 out of the sum will be deducted.
- You can request the rewards earned to be redeemed at ATMs. Actually, it’s only Wells Fargo that allows its cardholders to redeem their rewards at ATMs. Pay attention to the fact that you need to have a debit card with Wells Fargo to do it. Besides, redemption is only possible at Wells Fargo ATMs. The minimal sum you’re allowed to redeem amounts to $20. Apart from this way of redemption, you can also request your rewards as a statement credit or a check.
Alternatively, it’s possible to redeem your rewards for merchandise or as gift cards. You have an opportunity to use them to book your future trips or make donations. Overall, there is a very wide variety of redemption options. You’ll certainly find how to use your rewards so that to get the most value for them.
Other options that may be more beneficial for you
Of course, considering the benefits described, the card seems to be ideal. However, there is no ideal card for everyone. Below you’ll find a short description of other cards that you may be interested in applying for.
- Chase Freedom Unlimited Credit Card. The card is advantageous from the point of view of a longer interest free period that amounts to 15 months. Just like in case of the Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card, the Chase card implies no interest to be paid during this period for purchases and balance transfer operations. Standard APR that occurs once the period is over amounts to 15.99 – 24.74%. The rate may be a subject to changes.
- Citi® Double Cash Card. The card offers a higher reward in comparison with the Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card. To be more exact, Citi allows you to have a cash back of 2%. You’ll be rewarded 1% when paying for your purchases with the card and an additional 1% when paying your purchases off. There is also The Fidelity® Rewards Visa Signature® Card that comes with the same rewards rate. However, there is one particular thing that may be disappointing for some potential cardholders – in order to be able to get the cash back promised, you need to have a Fidelity account.
- Chase Slate Elite Credit Card. Keep in mind that once the interest free period is over, you’ll have to pay a fee of 3% (min. $5) for the balance transfer operations you carry out and purchases you make. If you’re not fine with it, think over the possibility of applying for the Chase Slate®. With this card you won’t be able to earn and accumulate rewards. The card makes up for it with its longer interest free period. Still, there is a thing to know – you don’t have to pay any fees only for the balance transfer operations carried out within the first 60 days of you using the card.
Is the Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card your ideal choice?
Actually, flat-rate cash back cards are not new to the market. They’ve already become quite widely spread. In order to be able to determine which card is the best for you, you need to know exactly what you expect from a credit card. The Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card is a great card for you if you’re looking for a long interest free period and a high level of convenience for cardholders.