The card that allows you to focus on paying off your current debt and implies no need to worry about late payments.
The Citi Simplicity® Card – No Late Fees Ever is the card that implies a long interest fee period and no penalty APR in case you fail to make your payment on time. You’ll definitely need this card if you want to pay off your current debts or if there is a big purchase you’re planning to make.
- You don’t have to worry about the increase of your APR if you fail to make your payment on time.
- There is no fee you need to pay for using the card.
- You have a chance to enjoy a very long interest free period.
- Don’t expect any rewards.
- Bonus period during that no APR applies – 21 months. The period concerns both your purchases and balance transfer operations.
- Standard APR varies from 14.99 to 24.99%.
- No annual fee.
- Special Offer: No offer for this card.
More information on the card:
- The bank creates nearly ideal conditions for you to start paying off your debt. If something happens and due to it you’re unable to make your payment on time, don’t worry – you won’t be charged any fees.
- The card promises you a variable APR of 14.99-24.99% that occurs right after the “bonus” period comes to an end. The rate you’re to pay will be determined on the basis of your monthly income and credit history.
- Each time you need to transfer balance, you’ll have to pay a certain fee for it.
- The fees and APR implied by the card cannot be changed.
- If there arise any questions, you’re welcome to contact the customer support service that’s available at any time and at any day of the week.
- The bank allows you to set the date on which you’d like to make payment by yourself.
Basic features of the card
The set if features offered by this card is pretty much simple (as you may have guessed from the name of the card). Nevertheless, this set makes the card quite beneficial. Once you get the card, you can expect the following:
- You are not required to pay interests during the period of 21 months. This is just great for those who need a long period of time to pay off a purchase without paying extra money. Besides, if you’re the one who wants to pay off your current debt once and for all, you’ll have plenty of time to do it. Once the period is over, you’re expected to pay Standard APR. it may vary from 14.99 to 24.99%. The crux of the matter about this feature is that there is almost no other card with the same interest free period available at the market.
- You won’t have to worry about the possible increase of your rate due to the late payment. There are also no fees to pay in case you can’t pay the necessary amount of money off on time. This feature is also rare among credit cards. As a rule, you have to pay the fee of at least $35 in the event of a late payment or are “punished” by the increase of your rate.
Our tip: Even though there is no “punishment” implied by the card in case of a late payment, you’re still better stick to the habit of paying the necessary sum on time. The crux of the matter is that if your payment is 30 or more days late, the bank will report it to the major bureaus in the city. It means that you can have problems in future when trying to apply for a different card.
The reasons for you to consider applying for a different card
Below we outline some drawbacks of the card as well as other options that you may be interested in.
- You’ll have to pay a fee for transferring balance. This card will charge you 3% or 5 dollars off the sum you’re transferring. This depends on whichever of them is greater. It’s common for the cards with a long “bonus” period to charge its clients a fee for carrying out such operations. Still, there are some other options that offer better conditions. For example, you may think over the possibility of applying for the BankAmericard® credit card. It also has an interest free period. Even though it’s a bit shorter (15 months) than the period promised by the card we are talking about in this article, the BankAmericard card implies no fees for the balance transfer operations carried out within the first 60 days of using it. You’re also not required to pay any fee each year for the privilege of using the card. Keep in mind that once the “bonus” period is over, you’ll have to pay interest at the rate of 12.99 – 22.99%.
- There are no rewards that you can earn when using the Citi card. For some potential cardholders the opportunity to earn rewards while using a card may be a big deal. If you’re the one looking for both a chance to earn rewards as well as a chance to pay off your current debt, you should pay your attention to the Citi® Double Cash Card – 18 month BT offer. as you may have already guessed, it has an interest free period that lasts for 18 months. However, one more benefit of the card that’s worth mentioning is that it actually gives you 2% cash back (1% when you pay for something with it and 1% when you pay off). This is the rate that’s higher than the widely spread among credit cards standard cash back rate.
Summary: Is the Citi Simplicity® Card – No Late Fees Ever the best option?
The Citi Simplicity® Card – No Late Fees Ever is definitely perfect for those who want to make a big purchase (and pay it off stress-free and without the need to pay interests) as well as those who want to pay off their current debts. If you think that you may be unable to make payment on time during certain months, the card is also great since it won’t charge you any Penalty APR.