The card that allows you to get more cash back when you’re redeeming your rewards.
When seeking for the best cash back credit card, we expect to find the card with the best rewards rates. This card has it all and even more. It allows you to get rewards for your purchases and while redeeming your rewards. Bear in mind that the rewards earned while you’re redeeming add up to you next operation of redemption.
Below, you’ll find information on the card. We try to provide you with the up-to-date information so that you can know for sure what you’ll get.
Benefits and general information on the Barclaycard CashForward™ World Mastercard®:
The card comes with no annual fee and promises 1,5% cash back on any kind of purchases you make with it. You’ll also be rewarded 5% from the total sum you redeem. Let’s say you redeem $100. Consequently, you’ll get 5% cash back bonus credited to your account. You’ll be able to redeem it next time.
General information on the card
- No fee to pay each year.
- A very appealing rewards rate.
- “Bonus” period during which no APR applies.
- Sign-up special offer.
- Your credit score should be excellent if you want to get the card.
- The minimal sum you can redeem amounts to $50.
- You’re not expected to pay any annual fee.
- The Standard APR may amount to 15.99%, 20.99% or 23.99%. Bear in mind that it may vary.
- Cash Advance APR to pay amounts to 26.24% but may also vary.
- Special Offer: If you manage to spend $1,000 within the time period of the first 90 days, you’ll be rewarded $200. The sum will be automatically credited to your account.
- APR Special Offer: There is no fee to pay for the purchases and balance transfer operations during the first 15 months after you open an account. Pay attention to the fact that only the operations carried out in the first 45 days will be taken into account.
More information concerning the card:
- You can get a rather high reward under the condition that you meet the requirement mentioned.
- There is a cash back rate of 1,5% that applies to any purchases you make with the card.
- Every operation of redemption will bring you additional 5% from the total sum you’re redeeming.
- You can redeem the rewards you earned as a deposit credited to your checking or savings account. You can also redeem your rewards as a statement credit or a gift card. The minimal sum of money that can be redeemed amounts to $50.
- Your reward never expires provided that your account is still active.
- There is a very appealing special offer concerning APR. The offer is valid for the first 15 months after you open an account.
- The card comes with no annual fee.
The reasons for you to consider applying for the card
- A 5% bonus cash back. You’ll get the cash back while redeeming the rewards you’ve already earned. There is a variety of options in terms of the ways you can redeem your rewards.
- A very appealing sign-up bonus. In case you manage to spend at least $1,000 on different purchases during the first 90 days, you’ll be rewarded $200. Besides, the card is very beneficial for those planning to carry a balance for the first year. Once you get the card, you can use it interest free for any purchases and balance transfer operations.
- You need to have access to your FICO score. Apart from being able to see your score online, you’ll be notified each time when your score changes.
- The card is ideal for those who travel a lot from because it protects your future trips. It means that, in case your trip is cancelled or you have to cancel your trip because of weather conditions or being ill, you can get a refund in terms of your travelling costs.
The reasons for you to consider a different card
You need a higher rewards rate in terms of cash back. The card doesn’t offer the best flat-rate cash back in comparison with other credit cards available. If you’re the one looking for a really high cash back rate, take your time to read through the information on the Citi® Double Cash Card. This card has the same features as the Barclaycard CashForward™ World Mastercard®. It means that it implies a free access to your FICO score, refund in case your trip is canceled and no annual fee. However, it’s the difference between the cards that make the Citi® Double Cash Card a better choice. The card rewards you 1% cash back when you pay for your purchases with it and an additional 1% when you pay them off.
Your credit score is not that great. You need to have a nearly excellent credit score to qualify for the Barclaycard CashForward™ World Mastercard®. In case your credit score isn’t that good, you can apply for the Capital One Quicksilver Credit Card. It also has a very appealing sign-up bonus and a special offer concerning APR. You also don’t need to pay any annual fees for using the card. The card is a good option for those who can boast a very good credit score, but those who are looking for a long-term value.
One more important to mention disadvantage of the Barclaycard CashForward™ World Mastercard® is that you can redeem at least the sum of $50 and not less. You’d better consider one of the cards mentioned above if you need a lower redemption minimal sum or no minimal redemption sum at all.
Those who don’t spend a lot should definitely be looking for a different card. The thing is that the Barclaycard CashForward™ World Mastercard® implies that you need to spend at least $3,334 before you can start redeeming your rewards. That’s not all. You won’t have any access to your rewards up until you spend more $3,331,50.
Summary: Is the Barclaycard CashForward™ World Mastercard® your ideal option?
It’s up to you to decide, whether the card is beneficial for you or not. In case you spend big sums of money regularly and want to get a bonus on the rewards you redeem, you definitely need to apply for the card. Still, we recommend you to spend some time reading through the information on other cash back cards promising high rewards rate.